Giving your notice
Eventually, you will move, and we want you to be prepared when this is necessary. ADP, Inc. tenants are required to give a 30 notice prior to moving. We have provided in this information a “Notice to Vacate from Tenant Form” to be used when you anticipate moving.
Before giving notice:
- Check your rental agreement/lease to see if you are eligible to give notice. It will specifically state when you can give notice. A lease is a binding agreement for a set period and you may still be bound to the lease.
- If you need to move and you are still committed to a lease period, contact your ADP, Inc. management team to discuss your options.
- Notices must be in writing. The day ADP, Inc. receives the notice is the date the notice begins. For example, do not fill out a notice with the current date and mail it five days later, thinking the date you mailed is the notice date.
- ADP, Inc. does not accept notices by email because of lack of signature; ADP, Inc.
- ADP, Inc. does not provide rental history to other landlords/property management companies unless tenants submit a written Notice to Vacate and the tenant gives the authority to ADP, Inc. to give out rental references.
- The ADP, Inc. Notice to Vacate from Tenant contains the authorization for allowing ADP, Inc. to give out rental references.
Setting up your move out appointment
- After you submit your Notice to Vacate, ADP, Inc. will send you a letter. This will instruct you on what to do during the notice period, and how to set up your move out appointment.
- ADP, Inc. only performs move out appointments during weekdays, 9 am to 4 pm.
- It is the responsibility of the resident to deliver all keys and openers to ADP, Inc. either at the move out appointment or delivery to the ADP, Inc. office.
- Failure to deliver keys and openers could incur additional charges.
- Remember to supply a forwarding address and telephone number for your security deposit refund.
- Use the ADP, Inc. Moving Checklist so you remember important details.