Answers to your frequently asked questions
How do I get signed up with you?We do a walkthrough of the rental property and have you sign a management agreement. During the walk through we will give you a small notebook with a sample of the management agreement, reporting, detail of services and great tax information on rental investments. You can sign up on the spot or contact us when you are ready.
How do you handle maintenance calls?We always notify the owner immediately. If it’s basic maintenance it is kept in-house such as a repair that is less than $500 to save our property owners money. We’re fully insured for maintenance calls.
What are your fees?We have a flat rate fee of $175.00 per month. If you have 5 or more properties it is $150.00 per month. This is all inclusive. Our owners are not billed for anything outside of our flat rate fee with the exception of court filing fees, maintenance repairs and inspections.
What are your tenant qualifications?
- One year on the job
- No criminal history (minor traffic violations excluded)
- No prior evictions
- Credit score above 550, if lower we have the option of high risk deposits, though the owner has a choice of accepting a high risk deposit or declining them.
We always discuss tenant applications with owners, unless they request to not be involved. Owners are allowed to make the final decision if within the law.
What area do you cover?The entire Denver metro area and the I-70 corridor up to Vail and Leadville.
What is your pet policy?We do not allow cats, birds or pit bulls. For other breeds of dogs we follow hazardous insurance guidelines unless the owner mandates no dogs. Please remember not allowing dogs removes 70% of our potential tenants.
Where do you market available rentals?We put a professional sign in the front yard, 70% of our tenants are found by signage! We publish rental properties on the MLS which syndicates them to Apartments.com, Homes.com and Realtor.com, we also publish them on our web site which syndicates additionally to Zumper.com. With Zillow loosing ground with rentals we are starting to get results from Craigslist so we are testing these waters again in 2021.
Other good points to make:
- In house maintenance team. There is no mark up on supplies. Saves our owners a tremendous amount of money.
- 24/7 maintenance and emergency services available.
- Portfolio Management
- Owners have a secured web page for each home
- Company is technology driven; even our owner monthly payments are direct deposited to owner in a way that makes funds immediately available (RSA SecurID).
- Along with your 1099 we keep tax time simple for our customers. You receive schedule E information and all invoice copies even though they are e-mailed to you as they occur.
- We have a comprehensive strategy to fill vacancies.
- Tenant screening includes criminal, credit, background, income and employment.
- We handle security deposits including collection, retention and refund unused portion according to Colorado state law.
- Disbursements to owners are not only timely (typically by the 10th of each month) but in an easy to read format to understand all line items affecting your balance each month.
- Routine property inspections are scheduled every 6 months, with a drive by of the property every month.